The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is registered as a company limited by guarantee. Company No: 09223395
Details on the governance arrangements for the Company are set out in the Articles of Association, which are available on this page. You can download our current Board member register of interest here, and all Directors have a statutory duty to declare their interests in transactions or arrangements involving the LEP.
The Greater Lincolnshire LEP recognises the importance of having clear arrangements in place for decision making. As one of the 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships, we receive substantial public sector funding – both from the UK Government and the European Union. To ensure transparency, fairness and good practice the Greater Lincolnshire LEP is bound by its Assurance Framework, which is available here. The Assurance Framework sets out how the LEP will continue the process of ensuring value for money, prioritisation, appraisal, business case development and risk management for its Growth Deal programme.
It identifies the roles to be taken by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP and its constituent Boards, by the Accountable Body (Lincolnshire County Council) and by the promoters of projects. It also sets out the process to be followed in selecting priorities for further Growth Deals or other funding programmes if appropriate. Each year the Accountable Body confirms that the Greater Lincolnshire LEP's Assurance Framework complies with the guidance supplied by the Department for Business Innovation. The agreement letter is on this page.
The LEP Ltd Company is registered with Companies House and complies with all statutory requirements.
Financial statements are prepared each year and are available here.
Other key documents by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP include:-
- Strategic Economic Plan
- Annual Report
- Annual Financial Report
- State of the Economy report
- Freedom of Information policy (this page)
- Greater Lincolnshire LEP Board Membership
- Board meeting agendas, full papers (minus any exempt items), minutes and dates of future meetings
- Declaration of financial interests policy (includes Conflict of Interest policy).
- Gifts, hospitality and entertainment policy (this page)
- Enquiries and complaints Policy (this page)
- Equality and Diversity Policy (this page)
Scroll down to read a copy of our Enquiries and Complaints Policy. Complaints or concerns about the policies, activities, or services provision of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP or the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub should be directed in the first instance to the team on telephone number 01522 550540. Complaints will be dealt with promptly, in consultation with the LEP's Chief Executive and/ or senior staff, and responded to.
- Investment Board membership and Terms of Reference
- Dates for future Investment Board
- Investment Board Agendas, papers and minutes for past meetings.
The Greater Lincolnshire LEP's Equality and Diversity Policy can be downloaded on this page . It is a guiding principle of the LEP that all communities in its area should benefit from its activities to promote and increase economic growth. These efforts are evidenced by actions such as Greater Lincolnshire’s funding – via its European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) allocation – of projects which act to reduce economic and social exclusion in some of the LEP area’s least well off communities, and which seek to improve career and training opportunities for groups with greater barriers to employment (people with disabilities, older people, women returning to work, young people).
- Media – The Greater Lincolnshire LEP publicly distributes regular newsletters, press releases, social media updates, website updates and other information on its activities, and to publicise funding opportunities. To see the most recent news items, click here and register to receive our newsletter here.
- Events – Regular free public events are held, including the annual conference; LEP Business Live, and a Big Debate Series, to update businesses and organisations on Greater Lincolnshire's activities. These are advertised on our homepage and in the What's New sections.
Engagement with Local Authority representatives
The Greater Lincolnshire LEP's Directors' Board membership includes the political Leaders of the LEP area’s three upper tier authorities (Lincolnshire County, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire) plus two representatives from the Lincolnshire Districts. All these LA representatives inform and shape activities and strategies. In addition, senior officers meet regularly with LA Leaders and elected representatives across the LEP's area, to ensure it is addressing areas of importance to local authorities.
Scrutiny of the LEP
Greater Lincolnshire LEP is committed to transparency and good review practices in the way it conducts its activities. The Lincolnshire Economy Scrutiny panel undertake this role and papers can be found here.
Independent financial auditing
The LEP Finance and Audit Committee is responsible for the annual independent audit. An audit review of the processes and procedures around Local Growth Fund is also undertaken annually by the LEP's accountable body, Lincolnshire County Council, as part of local government financial procedures.
Auditors reports on the Greater Lincolnshire LEP can be viewed here.
Greater Lincolnshire LEP project appraisal, prioritisation and development
Regular updates on proposals to, and the ongoing projects of, the LEP and Growth Hub can be found in the papers of the main LEP Board, Investment Board and Growth Hub Governance Boards. Those papers are accessible via links given elsewhere on this page. Projects information is also made publicly available via regular press releases, news articles , website and social media posts; publications such as the Annual Review, and free business engagement events including our Annual Conference. In assessing proposals, projects and bids submitted to it by external partners for consideration and funding the LEP abides by HM Treasury guidance for public sector bodies; as set out in the Department's ‘Green Book', a copy of which can be found online here.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact us.
Further documents and appendices:-
- LEP Board Members Register of Interest
- Articles of Association (this page)
- Terms of Reference – LEP Board
- Register of Interest LEP Board
- Terms of Reference – Investment Board
- Terms of Reference – Finance and Audit Committee
- Terms of Reference – Appointments Committee
- Assurance Framework
- Growth Deal Implementation Plan
- Annual Reviews
- Financial Statements
- Enquiries and Complaints Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy