An Enterprise Adviser works with a school or college month by month. The Enterprise Adviser will be matched and introduced to that school or college by one of our Enterprise Coordinators (part of the LEP team) and supported at every stage of the process.
Main purpose of the role - Supported by an Enterprise Coordinator, the Enterprise Adviser will work closely with the senior leadership team of a specific school or college to:
- Support the development of a whole school strategy for careers, enterprise and employer engagement.
- Help schools and colleges to focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice and supporting positive outcomes for young people.
Skills and experience - Enterprise Advisers will be:
- Drawn from the world of work (businesses and the public sector organisations of all sizes)
- Passionate about motivating young people, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people.
- Motivated to lead engagement with schools and colleges in the local area and help them understand how effectively they are motivating young people and preparing them for the world of work.
- Have knowledge of the potential business support available in the local area and an understanding of how young people, the school and college could benefit from this support.
If you are interested in becoming an Enterprise Adviser, please don't hesitate to contact us or download one of our EA case studies below.