Space for investment, opportunities for growth
As the south-east of the UK continues to overheat from staggering costs and a shortage of land available to develop, more and more businesses are now moving north. Traditionally, Lincolnshire has always been a popular location due to its strong heritage in several sectors. Now, our region is shining as an exceptionally attractive destination in which to live, work and invest.
Greater Lincolnshire is currently experiencing an unprecedented era of growth. We are undoubtedly one of the investment hot spots of the UK, with more and more businesses discovering how refreshingly undemanding and profitable it is to run a business from our region.
We have access to a comprehensive business toolkit to support your investment journey, and we embrace those who are looking to invest in Lincolnshire and its communities.
We will guide you through every step of relocating or growing your business in Greater Lincolnshire by ensuring your requirements are addressed and fast tracked where possible to help accelerate your re-location or growth. From funding and recruitment, to raising the profile of your company, we can offer practical help and advice on a diverse range of subjects.
Greater Lincolnshire's geography is vastly unique; from the Humber to the Wash, covering 2,700 miles with a population of 1.1 million, an historic city, vibrant market towns and the UK’s largest port by tonnage, it offers real, tangible space to invest and grow with easy access to markets across all sectors.
'Game Changing' sectors that the LEP has identified and continues to prioritise include the Humber Freeport, Renewable Energy, the UK Food Valley and Food Enterprise Zones (FEZs), and Defence & Security.
We offer an unrivalled lifestyle for the cost of living, coupled with excellent career opportunities within innovative companies, and local infrastructure that supports global operations.
Lincolnshire currently has:
- Two food enterprise zones available for food companies and their supply chains, including development of a national UK Food Valley
- Won a successful bid to establish a Humber-wide Freeport.
- A wide range of employment sites, business centres and commercial spaces.
- Multiple land areas earmarked for housing development.
- Hotel sites ready for development.
Our thriving universities are some of the fastest growing in the UK, providing access to a growing talent pool, fuelling academia, and creating a skilled workforce. Lincolnshire's wide open spaces and fresh air regulate and invigorate innovation. Additionally, high-quality academic institutions and an excellent standard of living make it easy for businesses to sustain growth.
We are also home to some of the most pioneering educational institutions in the UK, which include:
- The Lincoln University Technical College (UTC) and the Lincoln Science and Innovation Park.
- The School of Engineering at the University of Lincoln.
- The National Centre for Food Manufacturing.
- The Lincolnshire Open Research and Innovation Centre (LORIC)
- The Lincoln College's Air Defence and Career College.
- CATCH training – a unique training facility supporting the process, energy, engineering and renewables sectors.
- Modal – providers of logistics training for maritime, ports, wind energy, offshore, road and rail sectors.
Developing our skills sector is of paramount importance to the Greater Lincolnshire LEP. We understand that it is crucial to support employers as they upskill and re-train their staff. By working with the private sector to address challenges, we are assessing and preparing for future growth. Feedback from businesses that are currently operating here consistently tells us that the great thing about Lincolnshire is that there is a real appetite for ‘getting things done’! Whether working with small businesses or large commercial organisations, there is a belief and vision driving growth. There is a positive dynamic that runs through the heart of our business community that is seemingly unmatched by other destinations. Businesses, academic institutions, and the public sector are working together to ensure the region flourishes!
Some of the companies which have already invested in Lincolnshire include:
- Northrop Grumman (Park Air Systems Ltd)
- Able UK
- Moy Park
The following videos illustrate our progress and highlight our key sites to potential investors: