1. ABOUT US
- The Greater Lincolnshire LEP (GLLEP) is known as the "Controller" of the personal data you provide to us.
- For more information on the GLLEP please visit www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk
2. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
2.1. We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We will keep you informed with relevant legitimate business activity and requirements;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we believe is relevant using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
2.2. We will not collect any personal data that we do not need in order to provide this service and as far as is reasonable and practicable, will ensure that the information recorded is accurate and kept up to date.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
3.1. We will collect the personal data about you in order to help us deliver the right service.
3.2. We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
4. WHO DO WE GET YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM?
4.1. This information is collected in a number of ways:
- Provided to us directly by you when you sign up to receive updates; or to use a product we are providing;
- Provided by another professional organisation involved in the provision of services
- Provided by another professional organisation to allow the research and intelligence necessary to the GLLEP performing its statutory functions.
4.2. Professional organisations include other GLLEP products and services including Business Lincolnshire, Team Lincolnshire, and Lincolnshire County Council.
5. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
5.1. The type of service you receive, and your personal circumstances will dictate who we share your personal data with. Where applicable, we will share your data with organisations that deliver services on behalf of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
5.2. We will only share information when it is necessary to do so and in accordance with the law.
5.3. We work with third party suppliers to deliver GLLEP website, design, PR and events functions and hold the relevant data sharing requirements and contracts to ensure the legal management of data is enforced when sharing.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
6.1. We are required to retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary, after which it will be securely destroyed by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP or the specific requirements of the organisation who has shared the data with us.
6.2. Retention periods can vary and will depend on various criteria including the purpose of processing, regulatory and legal requirements, and internal organisational need.
6.3. Retention periods are defined within Lincolnshire County Council's retention guidelines, which the GLLEP employs, which can be found here.
7. COOKIES THAT WE USE
- To help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services (cookies used for this purpose are Google Analytics);
8. COOKIES USED BY OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
9. EXPRESSION ENGINE
9.1. Cookies set by our website are:
- We use exp_last_activity so every time the page is reloaded the last activity is set to the current date and time. It is used to determine form or login expiry. This is essential for logged in users to record their data and not lose it as it is being input. The expiry time is 12 months;
- exp_last_visit sets the date and time that you last visited the site. Affects guests and logged in users. The expiry time is 12 months;
- exp_tracker tracks the last 5 pages you viewed and is used primarily for redirection after some actions on the site i.e. moving back to pages. This affects guests and logged in users. This cookie expires when you leave the site;
- We also use exp_csrf_token. This cookie protects against Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF). A CSRF attack forces a logged-on victim’s browser to send a forged HTTP request, including the victim’s session cookie and any other automatically included authentication information, to a vulnerable web application. It expires from your computer after one hour;
- exp_stashid generates a unique ID that relates to session values that determine the current state of the website and any actions you have performed. Expiry time: session;
- exp_flash is used to keep track of changes for the current logged in member. Used in conjunction with logged in members only. The expiry time is 1 day from date set/update;
- exp_expiration indicates when some system cookies expires. Used in conjunction with logged in members only. Expires: 1 year from date set/update.
10. GOOGLE & GOOGLE ANALYTICS
10.1. We use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information such as patterns of visitor behaviour so that we can identify for instance the number of visitors to a specific page and so improve the navigation and layout of our website.
10.2. This information is not collected in a way which allows us to identify any individual.
10.3. Cookies set by Google Analytics are:
- _ga – Used to distinguish users. Expires after 2 years;
- _gid – Used to distinguish users. Expires after 24 hours;
- _dc_gtm_UA-33475588-1 – Used to throttle request rate. Expires after 1 minute;
- IDE - .doubleclick.net - This is provided by Google as part of their advertising system. Expires after 12 hours.
11. MANAGING COOKIES
11.1. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookieswebsite-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internetexplorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-andprivacy (Edge).
11.2. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
11.3. You can manage your cookie preferences here
12. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
12.1. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and have an information assurance framework in place with Lincolnshire County Council which to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to help keep your information secure and to reduce the risk of loss and theft.
12.2. Access to information is strictly controlled based on the role of the professional.
12.3. All staff are required to undertake regular data protection training and must comply with a variety of security policies designed to keep your information secure.
12.4. Your personal data is not processed outside of the EU by Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
13. YOUR RIGHTS
13.1. You have a number of rights which relate to your personal data.
13.2. You are entitled to request access to any personal data we hold about you and you can also request a copy. Details of how to make such a request can be found here.
13.3. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether or not you wish to receive future contact from us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us here.
13.4. You can also request that we correct any personal data we hold about you that you believe is inaccurate; request that we erase your personal data; request that we stop processing all or some of it and request that automated decisions are made by a person.
13.5. We are obliged to consider and respond to any such request within one calendar month.
14. FURTHER INFORMATION
14.1. If you wish to make a request or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data please follow the following link:
- The Data Protection Officer at DPO@lincolnshire.gov.uk.
14.2. Alternatively, you can contact the Greater Lincolnshire LEP by writing to:
Greater Lincolnshire LEP
Lincolnshire County Council,
Council Offices, Newland,
14.3. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
Privacy Notice Policy
Reviewed: January 2023
Review Date: January 2025
Policy Lead Officer: LEP Chief Executive