With climate change impacting all of our lives and the climate emergency becoming more prominent, it is important that we consider what can be done locally to encourage and stimulate growth more sustainably.
This call asks for projects ideas that will that will accelerate clean growth and align to our Economic Plan for Growth 2021 and the Government's Ten Point Plan for Green Industrial Revolution, helping to meet our net zero challenge and contributing to economic revival.
Our principal objectives for this fund are as follows:
1. Help organisations/businesses to utilise their clean growth energy assets innovatively and effectively, thus contributing directly to decarbonisation of our area and beyond
2. Investing in cross sector local Research and Development and innovative project ideas to support our clean growth agenda.
Building on the recently released UK Innovation Strategy we are inviting organisations and businesses to submit projects that will enable innovation or research and development led ideas focused on decarbonisation and clean growth within the Greater Lincolnshire LEP area to be further developed and progressed. Essential criteria for this fund will be as follows:
- Scheme proposals should be capital focused but can include a revenue element which should not exceed 10% of the project/programme cost.
- Schemes must be over £1,000,000 in overall value with a total grant available of up to £2m and minimum grant requested being £500,000.
- The funds must be spent by July 2024, and outcomes delivered by 2026/27, hence proposals submitted need to be well progressed in terms of design, planning and match funding. Match funding identified must be a minimum of 50% (further grant funding level restrictions may apply to SMEs according to government subsidy regulations).
The LEP is seeking to consider a range of clean growth related, R&D and innovation driven projects through this fund, but they must relate to one of the following priority sectors:
- UK Food Valley
- Humber Freeport
- Clean energy
- Defence, space and security
- Visitor Economy sector
- Health and Care sector
Schemes must demonstrate direct public/private investment leverage and job creation and/or research & development outputs with clear clean growth-related outcomes.
- Innovation/research and development project focused on clean growth/net zero
- Level of reduced carbon emissions by 2027
- Nitrogen oxide and particulate emissions
- Contribution to Green Masterplan Net Zero Targets
- Decarbonisation of the Grid or Heat Production
- EV charging points created
- Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) demonstrated
- Introduction of new to the market products (clean growth related)
Please include your own outputs related to the intervention support within the outline business case and these must all be measurable. Any jobs created must be within the clean growth sector. We want to focus on Greater Lincolnshire’s distinctive specialisms and opportunities and how we can capitalise on these.
Please do not include projects that focus on application of existing technologies to your own premises.