Our Single Local Growth Fund (or Growth Deals) has provided funds for strategic projects which benefitted our local area and economy, and the programme completes this year.
Contributing substantially to job creation, skills, innovation and growth, and in partnership with Government, Growth Deals have delivered transformational strategic projects and programmes across Greater Lincolnshire totalling £123.7 million and supporting 34 contracted projects and programmes.
Across the last financial year this translates as 90 new houses built, 292 jobs and 54 apprenticeships created, over 6,500 m2 of new or improved training or learning floor space made available, 1,061 learners assisted, 285km of newly built road, and an additional £54.5m of private and public sector investment secured.
Highlights this year included:
- Opening up access to sites for new homes and employment at the emerging Lincolnshire Lakes development, with the completion of the Northern Junction Roundabout in Scunthorpe
- Creation of a new Medical School and Centre for Innovation in Rural Health at the University of Lincoln
- Completion of four Skills Capital Investment schemes
- Completion of the Agri-food Centre of Excellence at Holbeach, a world-leading innovation hub promoting the rapid uptake of advanced technologies such as robotics and automation, supporting our global UK Food Valley ambitions
- Completion of the Humber Link Road, a project essentially enabling access to major employment sites and creating strategic connectivity
- Progression of the second phase of the Grantham Southern Relief Road and new A1 junction
- Enhancement of a roundabout at the A46/A15 Riseholme Roundabout Junction
- Final improvements to two key junctions as part of the Sleaford Growth Programme
Our congratulations and thanks to everyone involved in these diverse and complex projects and programmes, with a special shout out to the LEP Partnerships and Programmes Executive Manager Halina Davies, who has worked tirelessly alongside local stakeholders to bring many projects to fruition across the six-year programme.
These schemes are delivering tangible positive change across our area and you can view further detail on all individual schemes here.