Space for investment, opportunities for growth
As the south-east of the UK continues to overheat from staggering costs and a shortage of land available to develop, more and more businesses are now moving north. Traditionally, Lincolnshire has always been a popular location due to its strong heritage in several sectors. Now, our region is shining as an exceptionally attractive destination in which to live, work and invest.
Greater Lincolnshire is currently experiencing an unprecedented era of growth. We are undoubtedly one of the investment hot spots of the UK, with more and more businesses discovering how refreshingly undemanding and profitable it is to run a business from our region.
The area is vastly unique; from the Humber to the Wash, covering 2,700 miles with a population of 1.1 million, an historic city, vibrant market towns and the UK’s largest port by tonnage, it offers real, tangible space to invest and grow with easy access to markets across all sectors. These include:
- Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing, specifically power engineering)
- Renewable Energy
We offer an unrivalled lifestyle for the cost of living, coupled with excellent career opportunities within innovative companies, and local infrastructure that supports global operations.
Lincolnshire currently has:
- Multiple land areas earmarked for housing development
- Three food enterprise zones available for food companies and their supply chains
- Hotel sites ready for development
- A wide range of employment sites, business centres and commercial spaces
Our thriving universities are some of the fastest growing in the UK, providing access to a growing talent pool, fuelling academia, and creating a skilled workforce. Lincolnshire's wide open spaces and fresh air regulate and invigorate innovation. Additionally, high-quality academic institutions and an excellent standard of living make it easy for businesses to sustain growth.
We are also home to some of the most pioneering educational institutions in the UK, which include:
- The National Centre for Food Manufacturing
- The School of Engineering at the University of Lincoln
- CATCH training – a unique training facility supporting the process, energy, engineering and renewables sectors
- Modal – providers of logistics training for maritime, ports, wind energy, offshore, road and rail sectors
- The Lincoln University Technical College (UTC) and the Lincoln Science and Innovation Park
- The Lincolnshire Open Research and Innovation Centre (LORIC)
- The Lincoln College's Air Defence and Career College.
Developing our skills sector is of paramount importance to the Greater Lincolnshire LEP. We understand that it is crucial to support employers as they upskill and re-train their staff. By working with the private sector to address challenges, we can assess and be prepared for future growth. Feedback from businesses that are currently operating here consistently tells us that the great thing about Lincolnshire is that there is a real appetite for ‘getting things done’! Whether working with small businesses or large commercial organisations, there is a belief and vision driving growth. There is a positive dynamic that runs through the heart of our business community that is seemingly unmatched by other destinations. Businesses, academic institutions, and the public sector are working together to ensure the region flourishes!
"The great thing about Lincolnshire is that there is a real appetite for getting things done! Whether we’re working with small businesses or large commercial organisations, there’s a belief and vision that’s driving unprecedented growth."
Some of the companies which have already invested in Lincolnshire include:
- Northrop Grumman (Park Air Systems Ltd)
- Able UK
- Moy Park
On a practical level, we have access to an impressive business toolkit to support your investment journey, and we embrace those who are looking to invest in Lincolnshire and its communities.
We will guide you through every step of relocating or growing your business in Greater Lincolnshire by ensuring your requirements are addressed and fast tracked where possible to help accelerate your re-location or growth. From funding and recruitment, to raising the profile of your company, we can offer practical help and advice on a diverse range of subjects.
The following youtube videos highlight our sites to any potential investors: