A hub that will provide a single location to target businesses, deliver education and training along with incubator and innovation space for new and growing businesses.
This project sits within the Greater Lincolnshire Skills Capital Investment Fund Programme. The TBSIH is designed as a technical business skills and innovation hub and will provide:
- A learning space for students to meet with others for formal and informal learning
- An incubator space for new businesses
- A resource for other SME’s to access innovation support
- Temporal flexibility in that the centre will be open into the evenings and weekends
- Encourage collaboration through provision of common area for people and businesses to mix
- Interaction through the exchange of ideas and media
- Public accessibility through the provision of a showcase for activities
- An innovation space being a shared area for students and external customers who want to buy short term access
- New business work space comprising a large open plan space with hot desking along with some small separate offices for short term rental use
The project was delivered in collaboration with the University of Lincoln and North Lincolnshire Council, offering a seamless progression from level 3 to 8, through short credit rated programmes, executive education and a vibrant space to stimulate and foster innovation.
The TBSIH has a specific focus on the SME sector and will aim to stimulate innovative approaches to achieving employer investment skills and breaking down barriers to investing in training through higher education and developing higher skills levels. Businesses will also be supported to understand opportunities and threats in terms of their own skills shortages and potential solutions.
The initial courses to be offered at the TBISH are briefly summarised as follows:
- Degree Apprenticeships – including BA (Honours) Professional Practice and MBA Leadership to Level 7
- Short credit rated business and leadership courses which will provide sequential and staged engagement across engineering, project management, leadership, building high performance teams, succession planning and product and innovation management
- A professional development portfolio for those in associated professional and assistant technician roles
- Enterprise and innovation – support for business start-up for those business associated with product design, innovation management, technology transfer, business development and social enterprise
- Remote technologies, supporting learning in industrial context and flexible modes of delivery
- Two new degree apprenticeship standards approved by highly relevant industries will provide new programmes to be validated at post graduate level
- Construction development – delivered through higher level apprenticeships to develop sustainability and modern methods of construction (MMC) into curricular
- Technical higher education skills – including leadership skills for engineers
- New foundation degrees will be developed in renewable energy, continuous business improvement and network engineering
For further information on this project please contact Maxina Butler-Holmes on firstname.lastname@example.org.