The Manufacturing Board forms the expert and leadership group to support and accelerate the growth, productivity and competitiveness of the manufacturing economy in the Greater Lincolnshire region.
The Manufacturing Board is a high level leadership group, bringing together private and public sector partners from the wider ‘Manufacturing community’ which it supports and facilitates.
Primary objectives include:-
- Leading, influencing and championing the manufacturing agenda across Greater Lincolnshire
- Developing a vision and action plan for a dynamic, competitive and sustainable manufacturing
- Ensuring a sector which can contribute to the UK’s competitiveness
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and oversee delivery of action and investment to support the vision and plan; and report on progress and key issues to the LEP
- Working with the growth hub governance board, ensure that the manufacturing support products are coordinated and aligned to provide manufacturing businesses with a clear route to products and expertise that will help them fulfil their growth potential
- Forging strong connections and influential relationships at a national level particularly with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and Innovate UK
- Co-ordinating and brokering collaborative relationships around key opportunities for manufacturing within and, in conjunction with the LEP
- Facilitating networking and interaction between specialist sectoral and other manufacturing groups, agencies and programmes
- Ensuring that the LEP is advised of progress, key issues and any material changes which are likely to affect the LEP’s overarching Business Plan and that any necessary corrective action is taken