It's no surprise that one of the sectors particularly hard hit by the pandemic is the visitor economy.
It's no surprise that one of the sectors particularly hard hit by the pandemic is the visitor economy. In response, Visit Lincoln in conjunction with the Greater Lincolnshire LEP and Business Lincolnshire has offered a raft of support to tourism businesses to assist them through this difficult time.
The ethos behind the team at Visit Lincoln is to support businesses by lobbying strongly, sharing policy updates, supplying grass roots feedback to government, and delivering a recovery marketing campaign to encourage economic spend while following social distancing and lockdown regulations.
To aid speedy recovery, Visit Lincoln has been working broadly with a wide range of partners, and the team has been at the heart of a range of initiatives which are helping to sustain businesses throughout lockdown and beyond. As well as providing a central access point for free information and support, Visit Lincoln is also delivering a series of key projects which businesses can get involved in for free.
- Delivery of the Escape the Everyday campaign and the Visit England ‘Good To Go’ industry standard
- Practical advice on making hospitality and tourism businesses Covid-secure
- Signposting to financial support and grants
- Visitor guidance for reopening
- An award-winning Stay Safe, Save Lives digital campaign in partnership with the NHS and East Lindsey District Council
- TXGB online booking support so transactions can still be processed
- Development of three new Discover England funded tourism products which will restart the sector in 2021.
One of the latest schemes is the visitor economy Peer to Peer Support Programme funded by Business Lincolnshire and led by active learning specialists Hil GibB and Craig Collinson. Visit Lincoln and Business Lincolnshire have created three cohort groups for individuals to collaboratively work through common business issues. Key topics include finance, HR, sales and marketing, all delivered by expert facilitators.
Visit Lincoln is also offering its members the chance to join the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) at a discounted rate, providing access to the full package of business support which will help with recovery, HR issues and advice on legal obligations.
For more information please click here.