Over 100 Lincolnshire business people created a buzz at the launch of the Team Lincolnshire Ambassador programme today (Thursday).
The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership and Lincolnshire County Council relaunched the scheme at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Lincoln and encouraged Lincolnshire business people to sign up as ambassadors for the area.
Until today Team Lincolnshire has been an informal group of business people who help to promote Lincolnshire, particularly at the annual MIPIM property show in Cannes.
Now it is a fully fledged ambassador programme with paid membership, networking opportunities and a marketing toolkit to help members champion Greater Lincolnshire.
Speaking at the launch were Jill McCarthy, Head of the Growth Team in Economic Development at Lincolnshire County Council; Ruth Carver, Director of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP; Councillor Colin Davie, LEP Board Director and county councillor; and two Team Lincolnshire members: Tim Downing from estate agents Pygott and Crone and Eric Hilton of Nutrapharma.
“All of us here are immensely proud of Lincolnshire,” said Ruth Carver. “We keep hearing that Lincolnshire needs to shout louder about itself, that it’s a hidden gem, that it’s the best kept secret in the East Midlands.
“Team Lincolnshire really wants to change that perception and tell everybody that we’re open for business.
“We’re bringing together like-minded people who are proud, positive and passionate about Lincolnshire. We want to shout louder and make Team Lincolnshire a more formal ambassador programme. It’s time to turn the volume up!”
Tim Downing told his audience: “Ladies and gentlemen, the secret is out! Lincolnshire is now on the radar of regional, national and international businesses.
“Being a member of Team Lincolnshire has really benefited my business, and in my opinion a more collaborative approach works much better. We now have a fantastic opportunity to take Lincolnshire to the next level.”
As well as helping to promote Greater Lincolnshire, Team Lincolnshire members benefit from a range of services and support, including:
- being part of a team of like-minded individuals and organisations passionate about promoting Lincolnshire
- attendance at an annual Lincolnshire in London event early and unique access to information about Greater Lincolnshire through a newsletter
- access to a toolkit of marketing materials
- the opportunity to attend a number of events every year
- a page on the Team Lincolnshire website to profile your business
- the opportunity to build new relationships at senior level to secure new business and to share your news through our website, social media channels, media relationships and Team Lincolnshire newsletter
- ongoing PR and marketing support for members
- MIPIM UK and MIPIM packages available
The annual subscription fee to join Team Lincolnshire is £350 per business per year. To find out more email email@example.com or telephone 01522 550618.