The Greater Lincolnshire economy is valued at £23.9bn (iii), having grown by 16% in the last five years, with 495,000 employees (iii) and 40,325 VAT and PAYE-registered businesses (iv).
Increased investment: We have unlocked over £279 million of addition investment through our funding programmes, delivering and safeguarding thousands of jobs, homes and learners, helping the region to bounce back from the coronavirus pandemic and supporting future growth and investment across Greater Lincolnshire.
Championed Lincolnshire’s business voice: We engaged with almost 20,000 businesses, providing access to business support, and convened new routes for business groups to share crucial intelligence with Government on issues such as the impact of Covid-19, EU Exit and future skills challenges.
Economic leadership: In partnership with ABP, four local authorities and the Humber and Hull and East Yorkshire LEPs, we led the successful Humber Freeport bid. Based around the Humber estuary, the proposal has the potential to create 7,000 jobs and deliver over £2bn to the local economy.
Supported workforce: We have worked with many national and regional partners to ensure that programmes meet Lincolnshire's needs. We launched a campaign to support the food sector with recruitment and we were one of the first LEPs to launch online jobs and careers fairs to support new work in sectors experiencing a surge in employment.
Since our LEP began:
- Economic output of food manufacture is up 30% since 2014 (compared to +10% elsewhere in the UK)v
- Economic output of manufacturing is up 27% since 2014 (compared to +10% elsewhere in UK)vi
Through our Growth Deals:
- £99m has supported local transformational projects totalling £320m investment.
- 1,127 direct jobs were created between 2014-2020
- 631 businesses have been created representing 15% of business growth from 2014-2020
Businesses reached through the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub:
- 5,000 businesses received three or more hours of support, representing 12% of all businesses
- 1,162 businesses gained a total of £4.2m in grants with additional £8m match funding
- The Business Lincolnshire website has welcomed almost 250,000 visitors and engaged with 19,627 businesses