At the heart of the UK’s single largest agricultural county, the Central Lincolnshire Food Enterprise Zone will establish a focal point for business development and support to grow the regional food and farming supply chain.
“Our ambition is that the FEZ will attract new agri-food commercial activity and develop a sustainable residential village, promoting a highly attractive business environment. FEZ are a great way to attract investment and to encourage closer ties between food and farming businesses to boost the domestic food and farming sector.”
Cllr Jeff Summers – Leader, West Lindsey District Council
Hemswell Cliff is a new 30 hectare strategic employment allocation in the heart of Greater Lincolnshire.
The site is being promoted as Central Lincolnshire’s Food Enterprise Zone (FEZ). Work with the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, the University of Lincoln and Bishop Burton Agricultural College is ongoing to establish connectivity and synergies with the other two Greater Lincolnshire FEZs in Holbeach (South Lincolnshire) and Grimsby (Europarc III). The three FEZs will create a triangle of opportunities serving and growing the key agri-food clusters in the Greater Lincolnshire area along the A15 growth corridor. Leading agri- food supply chain businesses Woldgrain Storage, ParkAcre and Clean Tech UK are already located here.
Central Lincolnshire is placed at the heart of a food chain worth over £4 bn within a 50 mile radius. With a strong local supply base in agriculture, it is home to high profile crop and seeds specialists such as Gleadell, Frontier and Limagrain, as well as leading food sector companies such as Ryvita, Faccenda, Caistor Seafoods and Kerry Ingredients.
- Adjacent to A15 ( North / South Corridor) with direct access to A46 / A1 and M180
- 40 minutes from South Humber Bank, Grimsby & Immingham Ports
- 45 minutes from LogisticsHubUK Doncaster
- 90 minutes from South Lincolnshire Fresh Produce and Food Processing cluster
- Less than 60 minutes from Doncaster Sheffield Airport and Humberside Airport
- Phase 1 development circa 11 hectares
- Outline Planning Permission for B1 (Business), B2 (Industrial), B8 (Storage and Distribution)
- Permitted overall max commercial floor space up to 70,000sqm
- Ancillary office development up to 5,000sqm
- Flexible, affordable land with environmentally friendly design and build options available
- Freehold and leasehold options
- Business Rate Relief - up to 100% relief
- Simplified Planning for Agri-food sector uses
- Free pre-development advice
- Ongoing support from the Council and Local Enterprise Partnership with a clear understanding of the food chain and industry partners
- Direct links to DEFRA and key government bodies (Food and Drink Sector Council) to influence food and drink agenda
- Dedicated Growth Hub Business Platform and access to wider business support package