The processes and submissions guidance for applications for the Clean Growth Accelerator Fund are listed below.
Process for Submission
Organisations including private sector businesses, public and third sector organisations operating in the Greater Lincolnshire LEP area are invited to put forward an Outline Business Case for any project they wish to be considered in response to the call criteria. The Outline Business Case can be downloaded from our website at Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership after clicking on the Clean Growth Accelerator Fund tab, or from the foot of this page.
You are asked to fully complete the Outline Business Case, considering the priorities identified above. In particular, a clear correlation with strategic priorities will need to be demonstrated.
Please be clear on the sector/s your project mostly sits within and the timescales for delivery. Applicants are asked to consider the following points when submitting an outline business case:
- Is the proposed scheme ready for delivery?
- Are you in a position to develop a Full Business Case if invited to do so following initial assessment and scoring?
- Will business case requirements set out in our Local Assurance Framework be satisfied? I.e. leverage and outcomes that demonstrate good value for money.
When completing the Outline Business Case, a clear description and a rationale for the proposed project is expected, particularly regarding:
- What the need for grant funding is and how investment will contribute to clean growth of the Greater Lincolnshire economy.
- Evidence to show why the market/private developers/operators cannot progress the scheme without the grant support.
- Available data to demonstrate there is demand/need for the project.
- Where relevant, the expected and realistic milestones for planning delivery and operation of the scheme.
- Does your project deliver jobs or improve skills provision related to our identified priority sectors.
The LEP will not support any projects that are looking for 100% funding therefore broad costings, funding mix and project cash flow must be provided. Please submit your Outline Business Case by email in Microsoft Word format by the deadline specified. It is important that you explain your project in a clear and concise way, highlighting challenges and risks as well as direct outputs and overall impacts.
Appendices can be provided where they add value to the Outline Business Case and help broaden understanding of your proposal.
All projects submitted will be assessed with regard to strategic fit, economic case, deliverability and risk and impact on productivity. Assessment is a combination of both qualitative and quantitative evidence and is scored against the Greater Lincolnshire LEP Scoring Matrix by the GLLEP Officers Operational Group and external independent advisors.
A range of business case criteria descriptions are used and scored against including:
- Strategic case - the proposed operation contributes to the needs/opportunities identified by the GLLEP, demonstrates delivery against relevant specific clean growth-related objectives as identified within the Economic Plan for Growth 2021 and adds value to not duplicating existing provision.
- Economic case - an assessment of the economic costs and benefits of a proposal to the Greater Lincolnshire area. This will include review of options appraisals, wider impacts and rationale for option choice.
- Financial assessment - reviewing cost assumptions and rationales and sources of match funding. The operation must represent value for money.
In assessing value for money we will take account of:
- Efficiency: the rate/unit costs at which the operation converts inputs to the Fund outputs,
- Economy: the extent to which the operation will ensure that inputs to the operation are at the minimum costs commensurate with the required quality and
- Effectiveness: the extent to which the operation contributes to programme output targets, results and/or significant strategic impact at the local level.
- Deliverability: this will scrutinise that the proposal is deliverable and has clear project management setting out responsibility, governance and reporting arrangements. A robust delivery plan with targeted milestones is required as is capability to meet the financial requirements and liabilities of the fund.
- Risk: this looks at delivery of the service and the risks posed by the option. It looks at risk in its widest sense and covers for example, reputational risk, stakeholder engagement risk, management capability, potential conflict of interests, procurement, UK subsidy requirements, etc.
A final decision on the successful scheme/s will be made by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP Investment Board. Full details about how the LEP makes decisions are contained within our Local Assurance Framework. If you are unsure whether your proposal would be suitable, please contact us for an informal discussion first on email@example.com.
Open Call invitation launched Friday 10th December 2021
Deadline for Outline Business Case submissions Monday 28th February 2022 by 5pm
Assessments and scoring March 2022
Recommended schemes reviewed by GL LEP
Investment Board and invited for full business case April 2022
Full Business Cases to be submitted by 30 June 2022
Grant Agreements finalised July 2022
Please return your completed Outline Business Case to: firstname.lastname@example.org.